The Battle Estate Green Space on the corner of Lincoln Green Lane has recently been listed as a community asset. Being listed as a community asset enables community groups to bid for the land, if it is put up for sale.
The owner of the land is now looking to dispose of this asset. This means that eligible community groups can now register their interest to bid for the land.
My community group wishes to bid, what should we do?
If you are an eligible community group under the Assets of Community Value (England) Regulations 2012 and you would like to be treated as a potential bidder, please email Communityrights@tewkesbury.gov.uk before 15 December 2017.
What kind of community group can register an interest?
A community group must have one or more of the following legal structures to trigger a moratorium:
- A charity
- A community interest company
- A company limited by guarantee that is non-profit distributing
- An industrial and provident society, or a co-operative or community benefit society, which does not distribute any surplus it makes to its members.
What happens once my community group registers an interest?
Once an eligible community group has registered their interest, a full moratorium can be triggered. The full moratorium period is 6 months and commences from the date of receiving notice from the owner of their wish to dispose of the asset. In this case the full moratorium period ends on 3 May 2018.
What is the protected period?
- No interest is registered by a community group within the 6 week interim moratorium –or-
- An interest is registered within the 6 week moratorium period but no disposal takes place within the 6 month full moratorium period
The owner made dispose during the remainder of the protected period (18 months from the notice of intention to dispose) without having to comply with the notice and moratorium requirements again. In this case the protected period ends on 3 May 2019.
If you need any further information, please email Communityrights@tewkesbury.gov.uk.
Click here to see the Battle estate green space site plan.